AFRAID TO PREACH THE WORD?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 8:06 AM
      Dearly Beloved,

      AFRAID TO PREACH THE WORD?

      "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need
      to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15, NKJV).

      "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for
      doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
      that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good
      work" (2 Timothy 3:16-17, NKJV).

      Recently, for the first time in the history of this email ministry, I had
      the opportunity of having my weekly messages ready for a whole month. Even
      when I serialized my messages into parts, I seldom had two messages ready
      for two weeks at the same time.

      As I ruminated over the themes of these prepared messages, I realized that
      they were all warnings about one issue or the other. None was an
      encouragement to my readers. From my experience in this email ministry,
      people tend to react positively more to messages of encouragement more than
      messages of warning. People leave my groups (where they receive my weekly
      devotional messages) more when I send warning messages. This fact made me to
      be afraid to go ahead and send the warning messages for the whole month. In
      fact, I started entertaining the fear before I sent the first message.

      Nevertheless, as I was ruminating on this issue, those two Bible passages
      above came to my mind. Coincidentally, they were addressed to the same
      person � Timothy � in the same book of the Bible that bears his name. In
      fact, there is this third admonition to him in that same book: "Preach the
      word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with
      all longsuffering and teaching" (2 Timothy 4:2, NKJV). These three
      admonitions made me to went ahead and send the warning messages to people
      without minding the seemingly consequence of losing more readers in the
      email ministry.

      Are you selective in preaching the word of God? Or are you known for a
      particular theme or section of the Bible? This needs not be! Remember, "All
      Scripture is given by inspiration of God." Are you afraid that people may
      leave your church or ministry for "rightly dividing the word of truth"? You
      do not need to be afraid. Yours is to preach the word "in season and out of
      season" in teaching, reproving, correcting, instructing, convincing,
      encouraging, and even warning your audience. The Lord's is to do the work of
      conviction.

      Let me confess that in this past one month, instead of losing members, I had
      more members in my email ministry and more positive reactions to my messages
      to the extent that I could not response personally to every reaction as I
      used to do because of the unprecedented reactions of people. Therefore, do
      not be afraid to preach the word as you are led by the Holy Spirit. The Lord
      is faithful!