HOW OPEN-MINDED ARE YOU?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2006

      HOW OPEN-MINDED ARE YOU?

      "Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory
      of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and
      animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of
      their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one
      another" (Romans 1:22-24, NIV).

      I get in contact with different kinds of people on the Internet almost every
      day. Some of these people willingly extend hands of friendship to me,
      something that I also willingly accept. One of such people is a
      fifty-year-old woman whose interest is to be chatting with people online.
      From one of our chats, she professed to be a Christian from childhood and a
      member of one of the leading denominations of the Christian faith. One day
      as we were chatting, she suggested that we share pictures and comment on
      such pictures. Naively, I accepted her suggestion and she started sending
      pictures to me. The first one was that of her friend. I appreciated the
      beauty of her friend. Then she sent another one that she claimed was her
      own. I immediately rejected this second one because she was half-naked in
      the picture. She was surprised that I rejected it, and she took offence at
      me that I did not appreciate her. I told her that I appreciate her, but not
      her nude body. She then went ahead to be saying some immoral things to me.
      When I told her about my Christian morality, she sent another picture that
      is purely pornographic to me. I then asked her whether she has children. She
      told me that she has a son, 25, and a daughter, 22. When I asked her if she
      could recommend such picture and the immoral language to her children, she
      answered in the affirmative and claimed that they are open-minded as she is.

      I was baffled with her so-called open-mindedness. How can a woman of her age
      be involved in such immoral things and feel proud to encourage her children
      in them also? Can a professed Christian be so open-minded that he/she will
      be proud of acts of immorality? No matter the part of the world one may find
      oneself, should open-mindedness become a licence to sin? The Bible says,
      "Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his
      body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body" (1 Corinthians
      6:18, NIV. See also verse 13; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7).

      Let me ask you also: how open-minded are you? Are so open-minded that you
      cannot differentiate from sinful acts and godly acts? Are you so open-minded
      that you have rationalized most of the sinful acts? Are you so open-minded
      that you cannot check your children and the younger generation when they are
      doing something bad? How open-minded are you?

      Note:

      Please send your reaction to me directly or copy me at <
      spiritualdigest@...>.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2012
        *Dearly Beloved, *

        *HOW OPEN-MINDED ARE YOU?*

        *"Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the
        glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds
        and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful
        desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their
        bodies with one another" (Romans 1:22-24 NIV).*

        *I get in contact with different kinds of people on the Internet almost
        every day. Some of these people willingly extend hands of friendship to me,
        something that I also willingly accept. One of such people is a
        fifty-year-old woman whose interest is to be chatting with people online.
        From one of our chats, she professed to be a Christian from childhood and a
[...]

        *In His service,*

        *Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).*

        * *

        *NB*

        *1. Please send your reaction to me directly or copy me at <
        spiritualdigest@...>.*

        *2. This message was first sent out on September 24, 2006, and I am sending
        it out in commemoration of this year's Mother's Day. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!*