ENTER BOLDLY

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2006

      ENTER BOLDLY

      "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may
      receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need" (Hebrews 4:16,
      NIV).

      "In [Jesus Christ] and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom
      and confidence" (Ephesians 3:12, NIV).

      My three-year-old daughter does not need any formality like knocking,
      announcing of oneself and waiting for permission before she enters my
      bedroom. She knows that the occupants of the room are her father and mother.
      So, she can enter freely as she wants. This is not the case with other
      relatives that are living with us who have to knock the door, announce
      themselves, and wait for permission before they can enter the bedroom.

      There is a spiritual lesson here. As children of God, Christians do not need
      any formality or rite to approach the throne of grace � the presence of God
      � to make their requests known to God, and it is certain that they will not
      only be received warmly by God, but that their prayers also will be
      answered. This is not true of adherents of many other world religions. They
      cannot approach God boldly and freely. They have to go through some rituals
      and ceremonies before they can talk to their gods. There is even no
      certainty that such gods would accept their rituals and do what they are
      requesting from the gods.

      It should be pointed out that the Christian derives his/her boldness to
      approach God not in his/her power, but in the faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
      who has shed His blood on the cross for the atonement of our sins (Romans
      5:2; Ephesians 2:18; Hebrews 7:25; 9:1-28; 1 John 2:1-2). The writer of the
      book of Hebrews has this advice for the confident Christian: "Therefore,
      brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood
      of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that
      is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us
      draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our
      hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our
      bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we
      profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may
      spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting
      together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one
      another � and all the more as you see the Day approaching" (Hebrews
      10:19-25, NIV).

      Are you confident to approach God boldly? Enter boldly into His presence and
      make known your requests to Him. However, if you have not been washed by the
      blood of Jesus Christ, this will be difficult to do. Confess your sins; come
      to Jesus Christ for the salvation of your soul, then you also will be able
      to approach God with confidence.