PRAISE THE LORD, I AM STILL ALIVE! (A Testimony)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2006

      PRAISE THE LORD, I AM STILL ALIVE! (A Testimony)

      "Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: 'The
      LORD's right hand has done mighty things! The LORD's right hand is lifted
      high; the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!' I will not die but
      live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done" (Psalms 118:15-17, NIV).

      There is a message that I intended to send to you today. This message has
      been prepared beforehand some weeks ago. However, I have to change my mind
      to share this testimony with you so that you also will join me to praise the
      Lord for sparing my life till this moment.

      I woke up last Thursday August 24, 2006 hale and healthy. I went to my place
      of work, and worked as any other day till the closing hour. On my way home,
      I decided to visit the mother of my local church pastor that is hospitalized
      in one of the leading teaching hospitals in Africa situated in Ibadan,
      Nigeria where I live. I walked from the entrance of the hospital to the ward
      where this woman is. As a pastor, I was allowed to enter the ward in spite
      of the fact that I was about thirty minutes earlier to the visiting hour. My
      local church pastor and I stood by the bed of his mother discussing about
      her situation and ways to raise funds for the necessary medical tests and
      other expenses. As we were discussing, I glanced round the ward to see other
      patients on their beds and thanked God for the good health He has given me.
      Just suddenly, I could not see anything again. I was hearing what my
      colleague was saying, and I thought that that dizziness would be momentary.
      In fact, my thought was that I should leave the place because probably the
      sight of those patients critically laying on their beds was the cause of the
      dizziness, but how would I interrupt our discussion and leave the place
      abruptly without even praying with the sick mother that I came to visit? All
      these incident and thoughts came within a minute. The next thing I would see
      were doctors, nurses and other people that surrounded me laying on the bare
      floor in that ward. The doctors had conducted several tests on me to know
      the cause of my sudden slump. I was feeling a great pain at the back of my
      head where I fell on that had swollen up. It was as if I was dreaming. The
      doctors could not detect any problem with my body system. The only thing
      they could diagnose was that I did not take enough water that day.

      As I laid down there on the bare floor, my fear was that I would be
      hospitalized immediately. How could a visitor to a sick woman in a hospital
      become a patient like that? Many other thoughts came to my mind. However,
      they did not see any reason to hospitalize me. After applying some first aid
      treatments, my pastor-colleague accompanied me to where I boarded a vehicle
      home. Since then I have been recovering from the pain on my head as a result
      of the slump.

      This is my testimony. What if I died as a result of that slump? What if I
      was hospitalized that day and still remain on a sick bed till now? I thank
      God that I myself can give this testimony. Coincidentally, before I stepped
      out that day, Psalm 118 was part of the chapters of the Bible that I
      meditated on as part of my efforts to read through the whole Bible every
      year. Those verses I quoted above came to my mind as we were rejoicing,
      laughing and joking about the incident in my home in the evening that day.

      My song (in Yoruba) since that day has been: "O se o, Baba; O se o, Jesu.
      Oba ti ko je n d'oku; Oba ti ko je n d'ofo; Oba ti ko je n f'ile bora bi
      aso. O se o, Baba." (In English: Thank You, Father; thank You Jesus. The
      King that did not let me die; the King that did not let become somebody that
      people would mourn for; the King that did not let me become someone that
      people would bury. Thank You Father.)

      These are my prayers for you as you are reading this: you shall not die
      young but live a long life to proclaim the goodness of God in your life;
      shout of joy and victory shall always be heard in your home; and the Lord
      will always do mighty things in your life that you will always testify about
      in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Prayer Points:

      1.Praise God for enabling me to share this testimony.

      2. Commit me unto God' care that I will not die young but live a long life
      to continue to be a channel of His blessings to thousands of people
      throughout the world. Pray this prayer for yourself also.

      3. Commit the mother of my local church pastor unto God's care that she will
      have a divine healing and quick recovering from her illness.