YOU TOO CAN MAKE IT!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2006

      YOU TOO CAN MAKE IT!

      "We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in
      order to make your hope sure" (Hebrews 6:11, NIV).

      "But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith
      and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait
      for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life"
      (Jude 20-21, NIV).

      I read a story of a popular Yoruba dramatist recently in a national
      newspaper that touched my heart. It is about a 60-year-old dramatist
      who, with his second son in the same lecture room, got his first
      university degree at age 49, but now a doctorate degree holder and
      lecturer in one of the leading universities in Nigeria. He was able to
      have primary education because of the compulsory free education in the
      then Western Region of Nigeria. Apart from a kind of post-primary
      education then known as "modern education," the man could not go to
      secondary school because of the poverty of his parents. With
      determination after acting as dramatist both on stage and in movies
      for over three decades, he becomes an academic and an authority in his
      choosing profession - the theater. His life is indeed a challenge to
      many of us.

      Have you lost hope that you can no longer make it in a particular
      pursuit? Do not lose hope! Continue to persevere with determination
      that, one day, you will make it. Are people looking down on you
      because of your humble background or your seeming failure in your
      endeavors? Do not worry yourself about them. Continue the struggle.
      Remember that old proverb, "Aluta continua, victoria acerta," meaning
      "the struggle continues, the victory is sure." Victory is sure if you
      do not give up. Another popular saying goes thus, "Winners never quit;
      quitters never win."

      Paul the apostle admonished, "Let us not become weary in doing good,
      for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up"
      (Galatians 6:9, NIV), and "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm.
      Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the
      Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain" (1
      Corinthians 15:58, NIV).

      You also can make it!