Living Life God's Way 7/3/2006; Confessions, Guilt, Freedom, Peace

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006

      Christ's death on the cross included a sacrifice for all our sins,
      past, present, and future. Every sin that you will ever commit has
      already been paid for. All of our sins were future when Christ died
      two thousand years ago. There is no sin that you will ever commit that
      has not already been included in Christ's death.
      Erwin W. Lutzer

      Confessions, Guilt, Freedom, Peace
      He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper,
      But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.
      Proverbs 28:13
      God is not an accountant whose primary purpose is to keep records
      of all of our sins. We carry within us the accumulation of our
      unconfessed sins. We are our own record and He reads us. God is only
      interested in freeing us from the sins and not in building up a big case
      against us. When we "conceal." (do not repent) our sins and behavior, we
      block God's design. Therefore, we will not "prosper," meaning the things
      of God cannot be added to our lives. That which we retain within our
      walls of unconfession, blocks the passages of freedom, peace, love, joy
      and contentment. We cannot release our sin and guilt unless we also
      renounce the part of our nature that caused them.
      Prayer: God, look within my mind and point out everything that is
      between us. I open myself completely for Your inspection. I renounce my
      nature that committed them. Amen.
      Devotionals-L; 4/14/2005