LIVE A LIFE OF LOVE

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 9:14 AM

      LIVE A LIFE OF LOVE

      "Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as
      a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God" (Ephesians 5:2, NIV).

      "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God" (1 John
      4:7, NIV).

      Christians are called upon to live a life of love as Jesus Christ lived and
      laid down His life for us on the cross. Paul, in Ephesians 4:25-5:2,
      highlighted how we can live this life of love: we must put aside falsehood
      and speak truthfully to our neighbors; we must not allow the devil to make
      use of us in our anger; instead of stealing other people's properties, we
      should work with our hands and be ready to share our resources with others;
      we should "get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander,
      along with every form of malice" (verse 31, NIV); we should be kind and
      compassionate with others; we should be ready to forgive those that offend
      us; and we should be imitators of God who "causes His sun to rise on the
      evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous"
      (Matthew 5:45, NIV). This is love in action.

      Are you living a life of love? There is no way you can call yourself a
      Christian or child of God if you are not living a life of love that
      demonstrates all the highlighted points above.

      "If anyone says, 'I love God,' yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For
      anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God,
      whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God
      must also love his brother" (1 John 4:20-21, NIV).

      Live a life of love!