Living Life God's Way 5/26/2006; Not By Chance

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2006

      God will not permit any troubles to come upon us, unless He has
      a specific plan by which great blessing can come out of difficulty.
      Peter Marshall

      Not By Chance
      Then Boaz said to his servant who was in charge of the reapers.
      "Whose young woman is this?" So the servant who was in charge of the
      reapers answered and said, "It is the young Moabite woman who
      came back with Naomi from the country of Moab."
      Ruth 2:5-6
      Nothing happens by chance. Take, for example, the blue whale.
      Longer than three dump trucks, heavier than 110 Honda Civics and with a
      heart the size of a Volkswagen Beetle, this magnificent creature
      requires four tons of krill a day (that's three million calories) for
      its sustenance. Even a baby blue whale can put away 100 gallons of milk
      every 24 hours. When a blue whale surfaces, it takes in the largest
      breath of air of any living thing on the planet. Its spray shoots higher
      into the air than the height of a telephone pole. How did such a
      creature come into existence? Not by chance, you can be sure, but by the
      sovereign Creator's plan.
      Neither did Boaz by chance come to his fields just in time to meet
      Ruth. He certainly didn't come with any intentions of finding a wife,
      but that was God's plan. Ruth, too, was simply doing what she needed to
      do for survival. In fact, until she spoke with Naomi, she wasn't even
      aware of Boaz's relationship with the family she had married into
      (2:19-20). But in God's plans nothing happens by chance.
      Sometimes our circumstances seem to come about by chance. We think,
      if I had made this decision instead of that decision, my life would be
      different. Or, if I's been here instead of there, this wouldn't have
      happened. While we cannot use this as an excuse for making poor
      decisions, we can have the confidence that nothing happens by chance.
      Take care of your responsibilities in a way that honors God, and he will
      work out His plan through you.
      If you are struggling with the "what ifs" of life, put them aside.
      Be assured that God is working out His plan for you, and it won't be by
      chance.
      Since God is in charge, nothing is by chance.
      Lessons on Living by Woodrow Kroll; 4/15/2005