Living Life God's Way 5/4/2006; Finding Time For God

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2006

      When our lives are focused on God, awe and wonder lead us to worship
      God,
      filling our inner being with a fullness we would never have thought
      possible.
      Awe prepares the way in us for the power of God to transform us and
      this transformation of our inner attitudes can only take place when awe
      leads us in turn to wonder, admiration, reverence,
      surrender, and obedience toward God.
      James Houston

      Finding Time For God
      Be still and know that I am God! I am exalted among
      the nations, I am exalted in the earth.
      Psalm 46:10
      I carry a planner. I have dubbed it "My Life." More than once, when
      someone has wanted to schedule time with me, I have said, "Wait, let me
      check My Life, my planner. That planner has all the important dates, my
      "to do" list, and much more. Without it I would be lost. How about you?
      Where do you keep your schedule? Find it, pick it up, look at it. No, I
      mean now....really look at it! Or if you have your daily schedule in
      your head, write it down, and then see how busy you really are.
      What is your schedule like? If you are a typical American, your
      schedule is full, full, full! You are running from work to go here, so
      that you can get there, and do twelve more things before going home to
      collapse and get ready for tomorrow. Not to mention, if you have a
      family, there are sports practices and music lessons, homework, diapers,
      baths, and so much more! It makes you tired just thinking about it all.
      We are a people on the run - constantly. Yet, for all that we do,
      we find ourselves often feeling empty. Why is that? Perhaps it is
      because God never created us to have lives filled with "stuff", but
      rather a life centered on him. Perhaps it's because we try to fill the
      God-shaped hole in our hearts with things of the world, and the "square
      peg" doesn't fit the round hole. Perhaps it is because, when we run all
      over, we also run from God, the true giver of life and fulfillment.
      God's deepest desire is for us to know him. When we run around like
      frantic chickens, not only do we not know ourselves, we can't know God.
      He's waiting, and he will wait. He won't shove his way into your life.
      But if you dare, if you will be still, you will find what really fits
      into your life - him.
      So, today, look at your schedule, pray over it, and begin to ask
      God to help you reshape your schedule, so that you have time to simply
      be still, be in his presence, be with him. And, in slowing down enough
      to spend time with him, you will find your life filled to overflowing
      with so much more than you ever imagined.
      Faith@Work; 5/3/2006

      God has been reminding me, lately, how much He loves me. He has done
      that in several ways.
      It has made me realize that I want more of Him in my life and I
      sometimes fail miserably in
      finding the time to spend with him. Why is it that we can find the time
      to do anything else but spend time with the one person who loves us
      unconditionally? Pray about that, in your life, will you?