Living Life God's Way 5/1/2006; Filled With The Spirit

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006

      God commands us to be filled with the Spirit; and if we aren't filled,
      it's because we're living beneath our privileges.
      D. L. Moody

      Filled With The Spirit
      Don't destroy yourself by getting drunk, but let the Spirit fill your
      life.
      Ephesians 5:18
      Jesus said, "The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in
      my name,
      will teach you everything and remind you of all that I have said to
      you."
      John 14:26
      When life gets tough, we begin to look for things to help us get
      through the difficulties. Not everything we fill ourselves with in times
      of crisis is helpful. Sometimes we fill ourselves with feelings of anger
      and rage. Old resentments will up within us and we explode. We choose to
      strike back and take revenge. Sometimes we fill ourselves up with
      self-help magazines and books, which only give us short-term answers
      that often scratch just the surface of our problem. Sometimes we fill
      ourselves up with business and work, thinking that we can solve our
      problems by ourselves. Too often we fill ourselves up with alcohol and
      drugs, seeking only to mask the pain and struggles that we are
      experiencing.
      Scripture tells us to pray to be filled not with anger, but with
      God's Spirit. The Holy Spirit comforts, guides, and strengthens us. The
      Spirit of Jesus gives us peace. Jesus knew that we needed to be so
      filled and thus promised the gift of the Holy Spirit to each of us. We
      all need help to carry on in time of need. Filling ourselves up with the
      things of this world will not always help. Filling ourselves up with the
      strength and power of the Holy Spirit will bring hope for the future. By
      the power of the Spirit we can overcome our fears and become bold in the
      Lord.
      Faith@Work; 4/28/2005