Living Life God's Way 3/6/2006; Slow Down Therapy; Part 1
- +Living Life God's Way+
The steady discipline of intimate relationship with Jesus
results in men becoming like Him.
H. E. Fosdick
Slow Down Therapy
Part 1 of 3
* Slow down; God is still in heaven. You are not responsible for
doing it all yourself, right now.
* Remember a happy, peaceful time in your past. Rest there. Each
moment has richness that takes a lifetime to savor.
* Set your own pace. When someone is pushing you, It's OK to tell
them they're pushing.
* Take nothing for granted; watch water flow, the corn grow, the
leaves blow, your neighbor mow.
* Taste your food. God gives it to delight as well as to nourish.
* Notice the sun and the moon as they rise and set. They are
remarkable for their steady pattern of movement, not their speed.
* Quit planning how you're going to use what you know, learn, or
possess. God's gifts just are; be grateful and their purpose will
* When you talk with someone, don't think about what you'll say next.
Thoughts will spring up naturally if you let them.
* Talk and play with children. It will bring out the unhurried little
person inside you.
* Create a place in your home....at your work....in your
heart...where you can go for quiet and recollection. You deserve
* Allow yourself time to be lazy and unproductive. Rest isn't luxury;
it's a necessity.
* Listen to the wind blow. It carries a message of yesterday and
tomorrow and now.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]