EVEN IN GOD’S WILL

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2005
      Dearly Beloved,

      EVEN IN GOD'S WILL

      "During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and
      begging him, 'Come over to Macedonia and help us.' After Paul had seen the
      vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had
      called us to preach the gospel to them" (Acts 16:9-10, NIV).

      The intention of Paul and his companion during his second missionary journey
      was to continue their missionary activities in the region of Phrygia and
      Galatia, but the Holy Spirit did not allow them to. When they tried to go to
      another place, they were again prevented by the Holy Spirit. However, God
      led them to go to the region of Macedonia. They had a successful ministry in
      this region until an ugly thing happened - Paul and Silas were arrested,
      hurriedly tried, beating publicly, and unjustly imprisoned for delivering a
      slave girl from an evil spirit.

      One may wonder why Paul and his companions should have such nasty experience
      when they were in the right place where God wanted them to be. Why should
      they suffer injustice when they were doing the will of God? Nevertheless,
      God glorified Himself in the situation and many more souls were won for Him
      (see Acts 16:25-40).

      A similar situation occurred in Acts 18. God categorically told Paul: "Do
      not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and
      no-one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this
      city" (Acts 18:9-10, NIV). In obedience to this, Paul stayed in Corinth for
      one and half years. Notwithstanding this, there was a persecution. Some Jews
      tried to prosecute him, but God indeed rescued him from them.

      Are you passing through one suffering or persecution even when you are sure
      that you are in the will of God? Do not be discouraged! Suffering and
      persecution have been part and parcel of the gospel. "In fact, everyone who
      wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted" (2 Timothy
      3:12, NIV. See also Matthew 5:11, 12; Mark 10:30; Acts 14:22; Romans 5:3; 2
      Timothy 2:12; James 1:2-4, 12; 5:11; 1 Peter 4:12-16). Jesus says, "I have
      told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you
      will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33,
      NIV). Even in God's will, there are persecution and hardship, but God will
      use the persecution and hardship to glorify Himself in your life.

      Prayer Requests:

      1. God, let me always be in your will so that even if persecution or
      suffering comes, it will be to your glory.

      2. Always assure me of your presence in persecution and hardship in Jesus'
      name.