NOT WITH GOD

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2005

      NOT WITH GOD

      "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but not with
      God; all things are possible with God'" (Mark 10:27, NIV).

      Our God is the God of all possibilities. Nothing is impossible with Him,
      with the exception of things that are contrary to His divine attributes (see
      Numbers 23:19; 1 Samuel 15:29; 2 Timothy 2:13; Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18). God
      is the infinite God. He can do all things. He knows all things. He is above
      all things. He is the Creator of all things. In fact, He is the eternal God
      that has been before the creation of all things; He is when there are all
      things; and He will continue to be when all things are no more (cf. Hebrews
      13:8). What a God!

      On the contrary, man is finite. He cannot do all things. He does not know
      all things. He is not above all things. He is just a created being. In fact,
      he "is of few days and full of trouble" (Job 14:1, NIV).

      Jesus Christ brought out this great difference between God and man when His
      disciples were amazed at His teachings about the kingdom of God. He said,
      "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with
      God" (Mark 10:27, NIV. You can also read Genesis 18:14; Jeremiah 32:17, 27;
      Luke 1:37; 18:27; Philippians 3:21).

      What is the implication of this glaring difference? Total dependence on God,
      and not man. One should not rely on anybody, even oneself. One should not
      lose hope that one's situation is beyond remedy. Man may fail because of his
      limitation. Things may reach a deadlock with man, BUT NOT WITH GOD. All
      things are possible with Him! "What is impossible with men is possible with
      God" (Luke 18:27, NIV).

      Prayer Request:

      1. God, make all those good things that are impossible possible for me in
      Jesus' name.

      2. Let me totally depend on you in all things especially those things that
      are beyond my control in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2014

[...]

        Jesus Christ brought out this great difference between God and man when His disciples were amazed at His teachings about the kingdom of God. He said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God" (Mark 10:27 NIV. You can also read Genesis 18:14; Jeremiah 32:17, 27; Luke 1:37; 18:27; Philippians 3:21).