“I AM NO MORE AFRAID”

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2005

      "I AM NO MORE AFRAID"

      "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded"
      (Hebrew 10:35, NIV).

      My three-year-old daughter fears chickens. The mere sound of a chicken
      can make her hide herself and not move closer to the place where she
      heard that sound. The fear is so much that she finds it difficult to
      eat the meat of cooked chickens. However, she made a dramatic
      declaration early one morning as her mother was taking care of a
      chicken that my mother-in-law brought for us. As the little girl heard
      the sound of the fowl, we were expecting her to run away and hide
      herself, but she declared, "I am no more afraid." She continued what
      she was doing. The interesting side of the event is that when her
      mother enquired from her whether she can now move closer to chickens,
      she responded that she could not! What a paradox!

      Many of us are also like that little girl. We are full of fear for
      what we should not fear. Even when we express confidence in God and
      declare that we are no longer afraid, we still let fear rob us of the
      courage to move ahead to victory.

      Simon Peter was a man that could not sustain the confidence he had in
      Jesus Christ when he attempted to walk on the sea like Jesus (Matthew
      14:22-31). He and the other disciples were terrified to see somebody
      walking on the storming sea. They cried out in fear, but Jesus Christ
      assured them not to afraid. Peter was the first one to throw his fear
      away and even took permission to do the miraculous thing that Jesus
      was doing – walking on the sea. Jesus asked him to do it and he
      started doing it. However, his fear returned. He allowed the
      circumstance around him to take over the confidence he initially had
      in Jesus. He started to sink. Thank God that he quickly retraced his
      step of confidence back to Jesus and called for help.

      What is that thing that you are afraid of? What is making you to be
      terrified? What is depriving you of lasting confidence in God? Fear
      not! Someone has observed that there are enough "Fear not!" in the
      Bible for each day of the year. Fear not. Jesus Christ is with you. He
      was with the disciples especially Peter when he doubted His ability.
      Put your total trust in Him. Do not throw your confidence away because
      of your predicaments.

      Prayer Requests:
      1. Lord, give me an enduring confidence in you to move ahead to
      victory in Jesus' name.
      2. Let me always feel your presence with me in all my circumstances in
      Jesus' name.
      3. Always come to my aid when doubt and fear want to deprive me of my
      confidence in you in Jesus' name. Amen.