Living Life God's Way 10/3/2005; Transformation

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2005

      When nothing else seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter
      hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without
      a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow the rock
      will split in two, and I know it was not only that blow which split
      it, but all that had gone before.
      Jacob A Riis

      They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will
      meditate
      on your wonderful works, and I will proclaim your great deeds.
      They will tell of the power of your awesome works,
      and I will proclaim your great deeds.
      Psalm 145:5-6
      When we come to know Christ, it becomes evident to others before we
      even speak a word. It is more than an experience, it is a life change.
      The way we think and live becomes different, not simply because someone
      told us that we should, but because our hearts have changed. It's
      important to share our experiences with others. There is no need for us
      to be intimidated or shy about proclaiming the difference that He has
      made in our lives. We may be hesitant to reveal all that He has done,
      simply because we are ashamed of our past and where we were before we
      met Christ. But sometimes our experiences are just the hope that another
      may need. It's important that they understand that there is hope and
      life beyond their present situation. For them to see that regardless of
      where they may be now, Jesus Christ is willing and able to transform
      them.
      God Today Devotions; 12/21/2003

      It is also important to not give others the impression that because we
      have
      Christ in our lives, that we are perfect. We are not perfect, we are
      saved.
      We are filled with the spirit of God, but we still struggle in our flesh
      with
      our sinful nature. Others need to know that we are transformed, but
      not perfect and we still struggle. It is Christ living in us that gives
      us the
      power to overcome that struggle. We don't do it on our own.