Living Life God's Way 9/1/2005; Peace, Forgiveness

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005

      You pay God a great compliment by asking great things of Him.
      Teresa of Avila

      Peace, Forgiveness
      When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord,
      He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
      Proverbs 16:7
      It takes a miracle power of God to bring peace to people. The
      formula for dissolving the attitude of our enemies is for us to be
      "pleasing to the Lord." That sounds a little too simple, doesn't it? If
      we are pleasing to the Lord, then our enemies will leave us alone? What
      do we do to get that to happen?
      First we have to start with our attitude. We need to become willing to
      release our life long beliefs that are counter to God. We need to be
      willing to alter our behavior and make it pleasing to God. For an
      attitude adjustment we must focus and depend on God for our living
      instructions.

      Prayer.....God, even when my enemies have stopped abusing me, I will
      still not have peace until I forgive them. That kind of forgiveness
      requires Your power working in my life. I trust You, God, that once I
      become willing to forgive them, then You will divinely reveal peace to
      me.
      Devotionals - L; 12/22/2004