Living Life God's Way 8/15/2005; The Lord Delivers Us

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2005

      It is wonderful to see what miracles God can work in wills that are
      completely surrendered to Him. He makes hard things easy and
      bitter things sweet. It isn't that He puts an easy thing in place of
      the hard one; He actually changes the hard thing into as easy one.
      Catherine Jackson

      Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
      but the Lord delivers them out of them all.
      Psalm 34:19
      We don't seem to expect difficult situations to come; as a matter of
      fact we are usually surprised when they do. The truth is, we should
      expect we will face many adversities in our life. What we must remember
      is, God will deliver us from them all. God has an answer to every
      question we have. He has a solution to each problem we face. We miss it
      when we allow our preconceived ides about how things should be and how
      problems should play out on our lives to dominate our actions. Plain and
      simple, just as the Israelites, we refuse to do things God's way. He is
      prepared to implement the good plans He has for us; plans for a bright
      and hopeful future. He doesn't give us on us; His mercy is new each and
      every morning. If we find ourselves stuck in an endless cycle of
      trouble, we may want to pause and come to the realization; the problem
      is not about what God is not doing, but the condition of our own hearts.
      How are we reacting to our situation? Are we seeking God's way, or
      attempting to orchestrate our own ending? We must react to adversity
      according to God's word and His standard.

      Prayer....You take great joy in planning good things for my life. I
      thank You for every blessing, every victory, and for not giving up on
      me. I understand that I will face difficult and adverse situations, yet
      I am trusting in Your word for deliverance out of them all. Help me to
      evaluate my heart and to follow Your word as I face each day, in Jesus'
      name, Amen.
      God Today Devotions; 11/8/2004