THERE IS A BETTER FUTURE

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2005
      Dear Beloved,
      THERE IS A BETTER FUTURE
      "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. The sorrows for the appointed feasts I will remove from you; they are a burden and a reproach to you" (Zephaniah 3:17-18, NIV).
      "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" (Jeremiah 29:11, NIV).
      The evils of the world especially the seeming triumph of the terrorists in the recent time have made some to conclude that this world can longer be a better place. To such people, things will be going from worse to the worst. The evildoers will be prospering while the righteous and the innocent will continue to suffer for needless pains.
      This very world may be growing from bad to worse every day because of its waywardness from God. God may have allowed wickedness to triumph over righteousness for some time. However, there is a better future.
      The people of Judah in the time of prophet Zephaniah were in a similar situation. Their leaders had led them away from God and God had allowed them to face untold hardship from other nations. However, God sent a message of hope to them through prophet Zephaniah - there is a better future! (Zephaniah 3). This message came after God had pronounced judgments on the nations that had tormented them.
      What are you also passing through personally? Does it seem as if the wicked are having upper hand you? Does it seem as if God is not fighting for you? There is a better future for you! He will fight for you. He will take away all those sorrows. See what God promised the people of Judah, "At that time I will deal with all who oppressed you; I will rescue the lame and gather those who have been scattered. I will give them praise and honour in every land where they were put to shame. At that time I will gather you; at that time I will bring you home. I will give you honour and praise among all the peoples of the earth when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes" (Zephaniah 3:19-20, NIV). Indeed, there is a better future!

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2014

        Dearly Beloved,

[...]

        What are you also passing through personally? Does it seem as if the wicked are having upper hand against you? Does it seem as if God is not fighting for you? There is a better future for you! He will fight for you. He will take away all those sorrows. See what God promised the people of Judah, "At that time I will deal with all who oppressed you; I will rescue the lame and gather those who have been scattered. I will give them praise and honour in every land where they were put to shame. At that time I will gather you; at that time I will bring you home. I will give you honour and praise among all the peoples of the earth when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes" (Zephaniah 3:19-20 NIV). Indeed, there is a better future!