Living Life God's Way 7/5/2005; Tranquility

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 10:01 PM

      Is your life peaceful, or full of chaos?
      God is the answer to a peaceful existence
      unknown
      ___________________________________

      Tranquility
      You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he
      trusts in you.
      Isaiah 26:3
      There is something peaceful about the sound of the word
      tranquility. Life typically is lived on the edge - the ragged edge.
      Peace, an overused word, is reduced to a slogan, something known but not
      experienced. But since we have not overused the word tranquility, it
      sounds so appealing, so peaceful.
      God makes tranquility available to us. When He promises "perfect
      peace," that is tranquility. It is important to note that perfect peace
      is not a product that He offers but a result. It is the result of a
      steadfast mind, one that trusts God.
      The better we focus our mind on God, the better we trust, the more
      we will experience the perfect peace that comes from God alone. This
      peace, or tranquility, passes all understanding.
      Sounds nice, doesn't it? It is such a contrast to the noise and
      congestion of traffic, the interrupting ring of the phone, the beep of
      the answering machine letting you know that you have messages, or the
      sound of children's voices clamoring for attention.
      Perfect peace is not the result of God removing all of these, along with
      the other sights, sounds and smells of a stress filled life. Instead, it
      is the result of a mind that is focused solely on Him.

      Upon what is your mind focused? Determine today to keep God at the
      front of your thoughts, viewing everything through a God conscious grid.

      Ask Him to help you find His perfect peace.

      FaithWalk by Woodrow Kroll; 10/6/2004