Living Life God's Way 6/20/2005; Divine Provision

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2005

      God constantly encourages us to trust Him in the dark.
      A. W. Tozer

      Divine Provision
      Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, "Father?'
      "Yes, my son?" Abraham replied. "The fire and the wood are here," Isaac
      said, "But where is the lamb for the burnt offering?" Abraham answered,
      "God Himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son."
      And the two of them went on together.
      Genesis 22: 7-8
      A young girl was taking a long journey, and in the course of her
      travels her train had to cross a number of rivers. Each time the train
      approached the water, her doubts were awakened. She didn't understand
      how such raging torrents could safely be crossed. As they drew near the
      river, however, a bridge invariably appeared and provided the way over.
      Finally the little girl leaned back with a sigh of relief and said with
      confidence, "Somebody has put bridges for us all the way!"
      Abraham showed the same confidence as he faced the possibility of
      sacrificing his only son. Never had his faith been more severely tested.
      Yet he could confidently reply to Isaac, "God will supply the lamb."
      Abraham didn't know how God was going to do it, but he believe without
      reservation that God would.
      That same confidence can be yours and mine. We often don't know how
      God will provide. He may supply in a way that would not be chosen. That
      is not for us to say. Our assurance is that God will meet our needs,
      however He chooses. The apostle Paul reminds us, "And my God shall
      supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
      (Phil 4:19)
      God may meet your need for healing by miraculously restoring your
      body. Or, He may choose to give you strength to endure the illness with
      courage. God may relieve your financial situation through a generous
      gift. Then, again, He may provide just enough to get you through each
      month. How He meets your need is evidence of His sovereignty. That He
      meets your need is evidence of His grace. It's not necessary that we
      know how, as long as we know Him.
      Our need is simply an opportunity for God's provision.
      Lessons on Living by Woodrow Kroll; 10/27/2004