"MY DADDY WILL NOT LEAVE ME!"

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2005
      Dear Beloved,

      "MY DADDY WILL NOT LEAVE ME!"

      "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged" (Deuteronomy 31:8, NIV).

      "…because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you’" (Hebrews 13:5, NIV).

      My two-year-old daughter said a statement that was a challenge to me the other day. We were having our breakfast that Sunday morning in preparation for the worship service. When my wife discovered that our daughter was slow in eating her food, she said jokingly that we will leave her at home if she does not eat fast. She just said confidently and emphatically, "My daddy will not leave me!"

      We laughed over the matter, but her confidence in me was a thought-provoking issue for me throughout the day. Do I have such a confidence in my heavenly Father? Can I say with assurance that He will not leave me even when it seems that everyone and everything is against me?

      The psalmist in Psalm 77 faced difficult situation that made him think that God had forsaken him. He asked six questions to ascertain the presence of God with him (verses 7-9). He concluded in his thought, "To this I will appeal: the years of the right hand of the Most High. I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples" (Psalm 77:10-14, NIV). The psalmist knew that the Lord is there for him all the time and that he just has to remember the goodness of God and trust in Him. No wonder he said somewhere else, "For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance" (Psalm 94:14, NIV).

      The Lord will not leave you even when all others forsake you and you are passing through the most turbulent time. Yes I will say confidently, "My heavenly Daddy will not leave me!"

      As we celebrate the Fathers’ Day today, I dedicate this message to all good, loving, caring and exemplary fathers throughout the world.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2007
        Dearly Beloved,

        In spite of the fact that I have had the message that I wanted to send
        to people in my mailing lists today, I am led to resend this message
        that I first sent in 2005 in honor of our fathers as we celebrate this
        year's Fathers' Day:

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2016

          Dearly Beloved,

          In honor of our fathers as we celebrate this year's Fathers' Day, let me resend this message that I first sent out in 2005:

[...]

          As we celebrate the Fathers' Day this year, I dedicate this message to all good, loving, caring and exemplary fathers throughout the world.