Living Life God's Way 6/1/2005; Quit Your Complaining

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2005

      Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things.

      Henry Ward Beecher

      Quit Your Complaining
      The people became like those who complain of adversity....
      Numbers 11:1
      There is a particular kind of complaining that really grates on the
      ears of God. Listen: 'Now the people became like those who complain of
      adversity in the hearing of the Lord....'
      For some of us, adversity is a health situation. For others it is a
      struggling career and continuous job changes. For others it is a family
      situation that happened years ago, now they shoulder responsibility that
      seems unfair. Some of us made poor decisions and our marriage fell
      apart; now we struggle with blended families and the consequences of our
      choices. we all have to deal with some level of adversity. Each of us
      has something in our lives that God does not want to hear us complain
      about!
      It is hard to live with adversity, but understand this - you
      forfeit the grace that will get you through it, when you complain about
      it. The strength and joy needed to experience victory is available to
      you, but by choosing to complain or cling to the idol of a perfect life,
      you forfeit it.
      'But what can I do?' Ask yourself two questions: a) am I a
      complainer? Think about that! Why? Because complaining is hard to see in
      ourselves but easy to see in others and b) am I willing to repent? If
      you are serious about putting this wilderness attitude behind you, think
      about why you are in the wilderness to begin with. If God reveals
      complaining as a problem in your life, acknowledge it - then turn from
      it! Otherwise, expect more wilderness ahead.
      Word for Today by Bob Gass; 9/6/2004