HE SENT HIM THERE

    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2005
      Dear Beloved,
      HE SENT HIM THERE
      ��and he sent a man before them � Joseph, sold as a slave. They bruised his feet with shackles, his neck was put in irons�� (Psalm 105:17-18, NIV).
      The story of Joseph has been one of the pathetic but interesting stories in the Bible. Joseph, a loved child, that was hated by his elder brothers because of his destine. He was thrown to an empty cistern by these brothers who earlier planned to kill him. They sold him as slave to foreigners who took him to Egypt. In Egypt, he was sent to prison for a sin he did not commit. You can imagine the hardship he would have as a slave and a prisoner � the bruises of shackles in his feet, the pains of iron chains on his neck, etc. Even in prison, he was forgotten by those that should have rescued him from all these misfortunes. In spite of this, God was working behind the scene for his good. Remember that in each of these situations, the Bible records it that the Lord grant him favour in the eyes of everybody (see Genesis 39:4, 5, 21-23). In fact, he confirmed it to his brothers later that it was God that sent him ahead of them to Egypt to preserve lives (see Genesis 45:5-7; 50:20). Actually,
      Joseph�s story was not a tragedy, for he was made the prime minister of Egypt the very day he was brought out of prison.
      Think of yourself. What are you passing through? What is happening to you now that seems as misfortune? What shackles and irons of hardship are you experiencing now? Who knows, it may be God that sent you to this apparent misfortune to bring something good out of you. He may be purifying you as gold in fire of life so that you will come out more shining (see 1 Peter 1:6-7). The Psalmist corroborates this. Hear him: �For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance� (Psalm 66:10-12, NIV).
      Beloved, no matter what you are passing through, God knows about it, and He has a purpose for allowing it. Paul confirms this in Romans 8:28, �And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose� (NIV). He sent you there � for a purpose!

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2013
        Dearly Beloved,

        HE SENT HIM THERE

        "�and he sent a man before them � Joseph, sold as a slave. They bruised his
        feet with shackles, his neck was put in irons�" (Psalm 105:17-18 NIV).

        The story of Joseph has been one of the pathetic but interesting stories in
        the Bible. Joseph, a loved child, was hated by his elder brothers because
[...]

        Prayer Point: Lord, let the purpose of bringing me to my present situation
        come to pass in your own time in Jesus� name. Amen.

        NB

        This message was first sent out on May 22, 2005.