Living Life God's Way 4/29/2005; Focus on the Lord

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005

      Pride and self pity can rob us of our victory in the Lord. Pride
      destroys
      because it takes the glory away from God and places it on you and me
      where it doesn't belong. Self pity and depression are almost inevitable
      after a great high. Maybe it's because we get our priorities skewed,
      forgetting how we got to that high and seeing only the slide downward
      toward normality. Keep your priorities straight. Keep your attitude in
      tune with God's purposes in your life. Give God credit when He does
      something great in your life, being mindful that you can accomplish
      nothing without Him. And then, after the high of victory, realize that a

      return to normal means coming down, being lower than you were, but
      by no means down and out. And, unlike Samson, don't think God owes
      you for your efforts. You owe Him. Because without Him you can
      accomplish nothing. Even your next breath depends on His
      willingness to give it to you. Thank Him and glorify Him in all
      things in your life. Make Him your focus, rather than yourself.
      Bonnie Ricks