WHAT IS GOOD IN IT? (Part 1)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2005
      Because of the subject of this message, let me send the "Spiritual Digest" for next week today instead of Sunday that I usually send the weekly messages. I have serialized the message (indeed a study of THE ATONING DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST) into parts. Other parts will be sent in subsequent weeks.
      WHAT IS GOOD IN IT? (Part 1)
      (THE ATONING DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST)
      "None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Corinthians 2:8, NIV).
      I overheard a Muslim preacher one day accusing the Christians: "They call the day 'Good Friday.' What is good in it? What is good in a day they crucified their Savior? What is worthy of celebration in it?" I chuckled. What is good in the Good Friday? Why should we Christians celebrate such a "horrible" day - a day that our Savior and Lord was tried, sentenced to death by crucifixion, flogged, molested, crucified cruelly and eventually died? Non-Christians may not know, but every Christian knows what is good in it. If Satan and his cohorts knew that the day would turned to become a good day for Christians and anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and Lord, they would do everything possible to hinder the event of the day from taking place.
      What is good in the Good Friday? What is the significance of the death of Jesus Christ on the cross? This will lead us to the purpose of the first coming of Jesus Christ to the world: to SAVE people from their SIN (Matthew 1:21; John 1:20; Acts 3:26; 1 Timothy 1:15; 1 John 3:5, 8; 4:9, 10). Jesus Christ accomplished this through His death on the cross (Romans 5:6,8; Hebrews 2:14-15; 10:5-10). This atoning death of Jesus Christ is related to our sins (redemption); it is toward God (propitiation), and at the same time toward man (reconciliation).
      Next week I will continue to explain one by one these accomplishments that made the day a good day for Christians and anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and Lord. Till then.
      Note:
      Send your comments and remarks on this study to me directly or copy me at spiritualdigest@... or spiritualdigest@.... God bless you!!!