Living Life God's Way 3/1/2005; How the Truth Can Set You Free

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2005

      Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need;
      the remainder which you do not require is needed by others.
      Augustine

      How the Truth Can Set You Free
      Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through

      the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a
      faith
      as precious as ours: Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the
      knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has given us
      everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him
      who called us by his own glory and goodness.
      2 Peter 1: 1-4 (NIV)
      Peter tells us that full freedom is possible. The reason is that
      Jesus, by His divine power, "has given us
      everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him
      who called us by his own glory and goodness" (2 Peter 1:3).
      Oftentimes people say, "I would like to become a Christian, but I
      don't dare start because I know I couldn't live up to all that's
      required." Of course they couldn't. That is precisely why this generous
      promise is given. God says that you and I have been granted everything
      we will ever need to live a victorious Christian life. This glorious
      provision, however, begins only after our initial salvation. We have to
      take the plunge of faith before the power is released. Once we have
      taken that step of believing in Christ, all things are available,
      including courage, forgiveness, vision, wisdom, and a deepening trust in
      God.
      Such a promise is hard to comprehend because it seems to good to be
      true. Many pass it by with hardly a nod. Others look askance and wonder
      how to apply it. As with all promises, you must accept it before you can
      act upon it. And while recognizing the promise as yours is one thing,
      executing it in your daily life is quite another matter. Ultimately, it
      is realized by the full experiential knowledge of Jesus as we hunger and
      thirst for the living water that He supplies. Only when we will not be
      content with the broken cisterns of this world will we find the fullness
      of this promise working in us.
      InTouch Early Light Devotional; 8/31/2004