Living Life God's Way 2/2/2005; Living by Faith - Be of One Heart and Mind With Others

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2005

      If you look at the world, you'll be distressed.
      If you look within, you'll be depressed.
      But if you look at Christ, you'll be at rest.
      Corrie Ten Boom
      _______________________________________

      Living by Faith - Be of One Heart and Mind With Others - Romans 15:6
      "so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify
      the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
      A funny thing happens when we begin to walk with the spirit....we
      begin to agree with our brothers and sisters in Christ who are doing the
      same thing. That man in church with whom you used to argue all the time
      suddenly becomes one of your best friends. That woman who used to
      irritate you because she was so "spiritual" suddenly seems to be one of
      the sweetest people you've ever met. New relationships form - good
      relationships, solid relationships. Your church becomes one that
      outsiders envy and admire. As a body, you are walking in the Spirit -
      and with your actions and with one voice you are glorifying God.
      Does this mean that we will agree about everything? No, of course
      not. People are individuals. WE al have different spiritual gifts that
      give us each different focuses. We all have different backgrounds that
      give us different perspectives. And we are bound to have differing
      opinions about many things. However, if we are all walking in the
      Spirit, our differences enrich our relationships rather than hinder
      them. And conflicting viewpoints become a source of growth to those who
      differ, rather than points of contention.
      What brings this all about? The Spirit of God. If each of us is
      listening to the same Spirit, we will work together. We will play
      together. And we will be united as one body in Christ. Division comes
      when one of us begins to listen to the world. Division comes when we
      step outside the Spirit of God and allow our selfish selves to rule.
      Pray today that you will be in total harmony with the Spirit of God
      in your life...and that others will do the same...so that you may have
      that spirit of oneness that Jesus wants us to have.....and so that we
      all, with one voice, will glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus
      Christ.
      This Days Devotional by Bonnie Ricks, Newsong Ministries; 7/21/2004
      in the subject line
      Comments or questions; send email to rossboss@...