Living Life God's Way 2/1/2005; Allowing God's Patience to Deepen Yours

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005

      I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.
      Psalm 119:60
      Obedience is faith put into practice. Without action, our faith is
      not real, James 2 reminds us. So without arguing, let's quickly obey,
      even when we don't fully understand why, because we've seen God's love
      demonstrated to us in Jesus and we've seen the protection that his will
      has for us when we obey him.
      Prayer....O God, give me a heart that is quick to obey and a faith that
      is quick to express itself in action. I want to please you with my words
      and thoughts, but even more, Father, I want to live a life full of your
      character, wisdom, and grace. Help me to quickly obey your voice.
      Through Jesus I pray. Amen
      Heartlight Daily Verse by Phil Ware; 7/26/2004

      Allowing God's Patience to Deepen Yours
      I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst sinner,
      Christ might display his unlimited patience.
      1 Timothy 1:16
      Here's something to ponder: You'll never have to be more patient
      with anybody else than God has been with you. It's true!
      Look at 1 Timothy 1:16, where Paul writes, "I was shown mercy so
      that in me, the worst sinner, Christ might display his unlimited
      patience." Paul is saying, "I was a sinner, an accomplice to murder, a
      persecutor of God's people. But God, in his infinite patience, saved
      me." That's what gave Paul patience. He remembered how patient God has
      been with him.
      A few days ago I told my oldest son that we were going to go on an
      errand together, and that he should be ready to leave in five minutes.
      When I was ready to leave I called him, only to discover that he still
      wasn't ready to go. I lost my patience and chewed him out.
      Later that day, during my devotions, God said to me, "How often
      have I called you to do a task, but you have not been ready? You've
      procrastinated. You've gone into battle unprepared. You haven't spent
      adequate time in preparation and have done a poor job. I have been most
      patient with you. You could have been more patient with the child I gave
      you." Ouch!
      The next time you say to your kids, "Grow up!" remember God wants
      to say that to you. The next time you want to tell your spouse, "you
      ought to be more forgiving," remember God wants to say that to you.
      Students, the next time you want to tell your parents, "You ought to
      trust me more," remember that God wants to say that to you.
      Romans 15:7 says, "Accept each other just as Christ accepted you."
      That's a wonderful motive for exercising patience: The reason I am to
      accept other people is that God has accepted me. The reason I am to be
      patient with other people is that God is patient with me. The reason I
      am to try to get along with others is that God gets along with me.
      Patience grows in us, when we remember how patient God is with us.
      Faith@Work; 7/25/2004
      in the subject line
      Comments or questions; send email to rossboss@...