Living Life God's Way 12/7/2004; Rooted & Fruitful

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004

      When we talk about perfect trust, we're talking about what gives us
      roots,
      character, the stability to handle the hard times. Trusting God doesn't
      alter
      our circumstances. Perfect trust in Him changes us. It doesn't make life

      all rosy and beautiful and neat and lovely and financially secure and
      comfortable. But trust that is rooted in an abiding faith in God makes
      all that is real in us - secure, relaxed, and calm
      against insuperable odds.
      Charles Swindoll

      Rooted and Fruitful
      Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or
      stand in the way
      of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law
      of the Lord, and on
      his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by the
      streams of water,
      which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.
      Whatever he does, prospers.
      Psalm 1:1-3
      My parents and my brother live in Tucson, AZ. If you climb up into
      the foothills of that city during the dry months of the year and look
      out over the valley, you'll discover that everything has turned into a
      lovely shade of tan!
      But if you look more carefully, you'll notice that there are
      several lines of green that run throughout the valley. These lines are
      trees that have grown up along the underground rivers. While the
      riverbeds fill quickly when it rains in the valleys or the mountains,
      they are dry most of the year. However, underneath the surface the water
      still flows, even when it's hot and dry.
      Psalm One tells us that those who trust in the Lord and spend time
      in the Word are like trees planted by streams of water. What a great
      image! Such people are.....
      Rooted, that is rooted and anchored in the soil of God's
      unconditional love and care.
      Fruitful. With God's Word coursing through their hearts and minds,
      and his Spirit active in their lives, they are productive for his
      Kingdom.
      Thriving. Even through the disappointments of life, God's love
      sustains us and fills us with a joy that transcends our circumstances.
      The choice is yours. You can either let disappointments dry you
      out, or let the Word of God keep you well watered. I don't know about
      you, but I prefer green to tan!
      Faith@Work; 6/21/2004