Living Life God's Way 12/3/2004; Never a Quitter

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2004

      Act as if what you do makes a difference.
      It does.
      William James
      _____________________________________

      Never A Quitter
      Be steadfast....in the work of the Lord, knowing
      that your labor is not in vain
      1 Corinthians 15:58
      A preacher who was growing weary in the ministry had a dream. He
      saw himself pounding away at a huge chunk of granite with a pick axe. It
      was his job to break it into small pieces. But hard as he tried, he
      couldn't chip off even a tiny piece. At last, tired and disappointed, he
      decided to give up.
      Just then a stranger appeared and said, "Weren't you given orders
      to do that work? Your duty is to give your best regardless of what
      happens." The preacher, with a renewed determination, lifted the pick
      axe high in the air and gave the granite a crushing blow. It broke into
      a thousand pieces. He had almost quit - one blow too soon.
      The Lord wants us to keep working at our God given task no matter
      how difficult it might be. Even when success seems remote or impossible,
      we are to remain steadfast, assured that there will be an ample reward
      for those who persevere.
      Have you ever grown tired in your service to God? Have you become
      so discouraged that you're tempted to "throw in the towel?" Remember
      that preacher's dream. Better still, remember God's promise spoken by
      Paul: "Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we
      shall reap if we do not lose heart" (Galatians 6:9). -- Richard De Haan

      The service that we give to Christ,
      if steadfast we will be,
      is sure to reap a rich reward
      That someday we will see. - Sper

      Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying
      from Encourager; 6/25/2004