Living Life God's Way 11/5/2004; Restored Fellowship

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004

      I have never committed the least matter to God,
      that I have not had reason for infinite praise.
      Anna Shipton
      __________________________________

      Restored Fellowship
      Read 1 John 1:5-6, Proverbs 28:13, Psalm 51:1-19
      All of us struggle with sin. Human nature pulls us down as gravity
      does, yet God had made us and saved us to lift us up (1 John 1:5 - 2:6).
      There are three ways we may deal with our sins.
      Cover them. We cover our sins with our words. This is lying -
      deceiving others and ourselves and lying to God. Lies are darkness,
      whereas God's truth is light. When we lie, our character erodes
      (Proverbs 28:13). When we cover sin, we lose God's light, fellowship and
      character.
      Confess them. Admit and judge them - agree with God about your sin.
      This involves the heart and the will. Some people have died because they
      repeatedly, willfully, proudly and arrogantly defied the will of God.
      Admit you are a sinner, say what is wrong and then come to Him and name
      it. Confess your sin only in the circle of those influenced by it -
      individuals or family. (Don't become an exhibitionist with the public.)
      Confession brings release, freedom, forgiveness and a new beginning.
      Conquer them, Jesus is in heaven today as our Advocate - as a
      Lawyer before the Father. Abide in you, love Him, walk with Him in the
      light of His Word. Keep His commandments. Fellowship is a by-product of
      our walk with God. To love Him is to serve Him and obey His
      commandments.
      Are you covering sin or conquering sin in your sin? Confess your
      known sin and ask God to clean your heart. He wants to forgive you so He
      can restore fellowship with you.
      Prayer, Praise and Promises Devotional by Warren Wiersbe; 5/7/2004