Living Life God's Way 9/22/2004; Readiness

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2004

      Because you are a special treasure to God, He is working to draw you
      into
      a deeper love for Him - away from any idols in your life, away from
      rival
      interests, away from giving first place
      to His good gifts instead of to Him.
      Ruth Myers

      Readiness
      God called to him....And he said, "Here I am."
      Exodus 3:4
      When God speaks, many of us are like people in a fog, and we give
      no answer. Moses' reply to God revealed that he knew where he was and
      that he was ready. Readiness means having a right relationship to God
      and having the knowledge of where we are. We are so busy telling God
      where we would like to go. Yet the man or woman who is ready for God and
      His work is the one who receives the prize when the summons comes. We
      wait with the idea that some great opportunity or something sensational
      will be coming our way, and when it does come we are quick to cry out,
      "Here I am." Whenever we sense that Jesus Christ is rising up to take
      authority over some great task, we are there, but we are not ready for
      some obscure duty.
      Readiness for God means that we are prepared to do the smallest
      thing or the largest thing - it makes no difference. It means we have no
      choice in what we want to do, but that whatever God's plans may be, we
      are there and ready. Whenever any duty presents itself, we hear God's
      voice as our Lord heard His Father's voice, and we are ready for it with
      the total readiness of our love for Him. Jesus Christ expects to do with
      us just as His Father did with Him. He can put us wherever He wants, in
      pleasant duties or in menial ones, because our union with Him is the
      same as His union with the Father. "....that they may be one just as We
      are one...." (John 17:22).
      Be ready for the sudden surprises visits of God. A ready person never
      need to get ready - his is ready. Think of the time we waste trying to
      get ready once God has called! The burning bush is a symbol of
      everything that surrounds the person who is ready, and it is on fire
      with the presence of God Himself.
      My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers; 4/18