Living Life God's Way 9/21/2004; Patience, Trust, Compassion, Pain

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2004

      God longs to give us himself. He longs to fill our lives with love when
      we
      don't feel loveable, and grace when we can't take another step, and
      peace
      when the storm is raging about us, and joy when the tears of sadness are

      still on our faces. But we insist on running our own lives, choosing
      pleasure
      or comfort or security over the slower process of a changed life. And a
      changed life always involves pain; it always involves waiting; it always

      comes with the temptation to seek the easy way out.
      Verdell Davis

      Patience, Trust, Compassion, Pain
      Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage;
      Yes, wait for the Lord
      Psalm 27:14
      It is our responsibility, not God's, to be strong and courageous.
      God's grace is His plan for delivering Himself to individuals. He is
      full of compassion because He IS compassion. The focus of our identity,
      devotion, and promise must be on the Lord. Our single mindedness about
      God, allows us to "wait for the Lord." We have to deal with the world,
      which inflicts its injuries and temptations, but our ultimate identity
      must remain singularly committed to God. To be drawn off by our pains in
      the world is to be unavailable for His grace. To tune into the world is
      to tune off God. Our pains in this world try to pull us away from our
      commitment to God. He is ready to save us from destruction and draws us
      to Himself when we hurt.

      Prayer: God, I have been giving attention to my pain and it has drawn me
      into a place of isolation from You. I turn my devotion to You, and I
      receive You and Your protection.
      Devotionals-L by Howard Ford; 4/20/2004