198A Lesson Learned...

  • angelic_missionary_for_jesus
    Aug 5 1:53 AM
      A young and successful executive was traveling down a neighborhood
      street, going a bit too fast in his new Jaguar. He was watching for
      kids darting out from between parked cars and slowed down when he
      thought he saw something.

      As his car passed, no children appeared. Instead, a brick smashed
      into the Jag's side door! He slammed on the brakes and backed the Jag
      back to the spot where the brick had been thrown.

      The angry driver then jumped out of the car, grabbed the nearest kid
      and pushed him up against a parked car shouting, "What was that all
      about and who are you? Just what the heck are you doing? That's a new
      car and that brick you threw is going to cost a lot of money. Why did
      you do it?"

      The young boy was apologetic. "Please, mister...please, I'm sorry but
      didn't know what else to do," He pleaded. "I threw the brick because
      no
      one else would stop." With tears dripping down his face and off his
      chin, the youth pointed to a spot just around a parked car. "It's my
      brother," he said. "He rolled off the curb and fell out of his
      wheelchair and I can't lift him up." Now sobbing, the boy asked the
      stunned executive, "Would you please help me get him back into his
      wheelchair? He's hurt and he's too heavy for me." Moved beyond words,
      the driver tried to swallow the rapidly swelling lump in his throat.
      He hurriedly lifted the handicapped boy back into the wheelchair,
      then took out his fancy handkerchief and dabbed at the fresh scrapes
      and
      cuts. A quick look told him everything was going to be okay. "Thank
      you and may God bless you," the grateful child told the stranger.

      Too shook up for words, the man simply watched the boy push his
      wheelchair-bound brother down the sidewalk toward their home. It was
      long, slow walk back to the Jaguar. The damage was very noticeable,
      but the driver never bothered to repair the dented side door. He kept
      the dent there to remind him of this message "Don't go through life
      so fast that someone has to throw a brick at you to get your
      attention!"

      God whispers in our souls and speaks to our hearts. Sometimes when we
      don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick at us. It's our
      choice to listen or not.