    May 10, 2014

      "Village life in Israel ceased, ceased until I, Deborah, arose, arose a mother in Israel" (Judges 5:7 NIV).

      I always admire women especially mothers for their extraordinary caring attitude. In fact, I salute them. The prevailing issue of the abducted school girls in Chibok (a town in the northeastern Nigeria) by the extreme Islamic militants popularly known as Boko Haram again brings out the caring attitude of women. While many men are either nonchalant about the issue or trivializing the issue, women are in the forefront of the protest and struggle for the rescue of these abducted schools girls that are over 200 in number.

      Deborah in the Bible was one of such exceptional mothers. Judges chapters four and five gave her account on how she literally "...arose [as] a mother in Israel" to rescue the people of Israel from their Canaanite oppressors. Another woman bravely helped her to give the Israelites victory over their enemies.

      Mothers, especially caring and responsible ones, are extraordinary. I made the distinction because it is obvious that few of them are not caring and responsible. However, most of them are. I salute these caring and responsible mothers. Are you one? The Lord will reward all your sacrifices to your husbands, children and others. You will live to reap the efforts of your motherhood in Jesus' name. Amen. Happy

      Mother's Day!

      I join millions of mothers and other people throughout the world to call on the Islamic militants popularly known as Boko Haram to release the abducted girls and stop their sinister activities. The Almighty God can fight for Himself. No one can fight for Him.

      BB PIN:2B2AF3EE