1743WHERE IS YOUR HOUSE?

    Aug 5, 2013

      WHERE IS YOUR HOUSE?

      �Whoever hears these teachings of mine and obeys them is like a wise man
      who built his house on rock� (Matthew 7:24 ERV).

      In the real life, each one of us has a shelter where we recess to at the
      end of the day. The shelter as one of the basic needs of life protects us
      from some physical hazards. This house may belong to us permanently or it
      may be rented for a period of time. No one would want to have a shelter
      that is not safe for habitation, so, we do everything possible to secure
      the house. However, the truth of the matter is that every house is prone to
      one danger or the other. The location, foundation, and status of the house
      will determine how the house will withstand the danger.

      Similarly, each one of us has a spiritual cum everlasting shelter that
      serves as protection from some spiritual and everlasting hazards. These
      hazards are inevitable (see John 16:33), but the location, foundation, and
      status of our house will determine how the house will withstand the
      spiritual and everlasting hazards.

      As Jesus Christ was rounding off His sermon on the mount, He told a parable
      of two people - a wise man and a foolish man. Both of them built houses to
      shelter them. The houses were confronted with similar hazards. The house of
      the wise man could withstand the hazards while the house of the foolish man
      could not. The locations and foundations of each house determined their
      ends. While the wise man located his house on a solid foundation, the
      foolish man located his house on a shaky foundation. The house of the wise
      man withstood the test of time while the house of the foolish man could not.

      Where is your spiritual cum everlasting house? On what foundation did you
      build it? Will it withstand the test of time? In that parable, the wise man
      was the person that heard and obeyed the teachings of Jesus Christ, while
      the foolish man was the person that heard but did not obey the teachings of
      Jesus Christ. Are you a wise man or a foolish man? The hymn writer, Edward
      Mote, declared, �My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus� blood and
      righteousness; I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on
      Jesus� name. On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; all other ground is
      sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.�

      Where is your house?