1724ARE YOU GROWING SPIRITUALLY? (Part 3)

    Mar 23, 2013

      ARE YOU GROWING SPIRITUALLY? (Part 3)

      ��grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ� (2
      Peter 3:18 NIV).

      Spiritual growth entails knowing the Lord Jesus Christ progressively
      better. This process starts after accepting Jesus Christ as your Saviour
      and Lord. Spiritual growth is therefore expected from every believer
      because no believer reaches a point of no growth while living in this
      world.

      There are many things that a believer can do to enhance his or her
      spiritual growth. Some of these things are: one, being born again: be sure
      of being a new creation through accepting the Lord Jesus Christ. To
      identify with spiritual growth you must first be born again because it is
      not possible for a non-believer to grow spiritually. The moment you accept
      Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you become a new creation and gain
      entry into spiritual person (2 Corinthians 5:17). Two, abstaining from all
      sins: it is not possible to grow spiritually if you still engage in some
      ungodly practices (Romans 6:1-2). Three, communicating with Jesus Christ
      through prayer: a believer should have a special prayer time (1
      Thessalonians 5:17). Four, reading the Holy Bible at all times: the more
      you read your Holy Bible, the more you change. The Holy Bible is a mirror
      on which your life should reflect. Let the Holy Bible talk to you. Five,
      telling others about Jesus Christ: spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ
      helps you grow. Six, fellowshipping with other believers: belong to and be
      active in a local church (Hebrews 10:25). This makes you have a spiritual
      home and the pastor your spiritual leader. These are what spiritual growth
      is all about.

      Spiritual growth is critical. It is a way of: pursuing righteousness (1
      Timothy 6:11); being transformed (Romans 12:2); perfecting holiness (2
      Corinthians 7:1); pressing toward the goal (Philippians 3:14); or being
      built up in the faith (Colossians 2:7). The goal is the same for every
      Christian: to be transformed into the Lord�s image (2 Corinthians 3:18).

      Spiritual growth is not an option for any serious Christian. Are you
      growing spiritually? In what area are you lacking in your spiritual growth?
      There is nothing you can do to substitute your spiritual growth. It is a
      necessity.

      Prayer Point: Lord, help me to be growing spiritually in all ramifications.

      NB

      If you missed any part of this message or you want the whole message sent
      to you, send a request to me by email at spiritualdigest@....