1717IF THE EARTHLY KING DOES NOT SEE YOU…

    Feb 2, 2013

      IF THE EARTHLY KING DOES NOT SEE YOU�

      �For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing,
      whether good or evil� (Ecclesiastes 12:14 NKJV).

      The Yoruba have a proverb that goes thus: O tafa si oke yi odo bori, bi oba
      aye ko ri o, ti orun n wo o. Literally, it means one who is doing anything
      secretly, if the earthly king does not see him, the heavenly king is
      looking at him. This is applicable to many people who are not only
      secretly, but even openly, doing nefarious activities and think that they
      can get away with it. Unfortunately, the judicial systems of some countries
      encourage these people, and the people think they are above the law. They
      may be above the law of their countries, but God will bring them to
      judgment accordingly one day.

      There have been miscarriages of justice in favour of some very important
      personalities here in Nigeria recently. Just some days ago, there was such
      a case where a high profile public servant was sentenced to two years
      imprisonment with a fine option of N750,000 for conspiracy and stealing of
      N32.8 billion from police pension funds; a fine the convict happily paid on
      the spot and walked away a free man. Although, there have been public
      outcry against the judgment and the man has been re-arrested for more
      criminal charges, but it indeed sends a bad signal to the younger
      generation.

      There were many misuses of power by many high profile personalities in the
      Bible. Although, these people thought that people did not see them, or
      could not question them for their injustice, God saw, and brought them to
      judgment accordingly. I will cite two cases to prove this. King David
      committed adultery with Bathsheba, craftily murdered her husband to cover
      the sin, and eventually married her. God sent Prophet Nathan to David to
      rebuke him and pronounce judgment on him (see 2 Samuel 11-12). King Ahab
      wanted to have the vineyard of Naboth because it was close to his palace.
      Naboth would not want to do away with his family inheritance, so Jezebel,
      Ahab�s wife, conspired with some people, they murdered Naboth, and Jezebel
      handed over Naboth�s vineyard to Ahab. However, the King of kings saw this
      and sent His prophet, Elijah, to rebuke and pronounce judgment on the
      wicked couple (see 1 Kings 21). Indeed, there are many Bible passages that
      teach about God�s judgment on every action either good or bad, done
      secretly or openly (see Psalm 96:13; Ecclesiastes 11:9; 12:14; Matthew
      12:35; Luke 12:2; John 5:29; Acts 17:31; Romans 14:10-12; 1 Corinthians
      4:5; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Revelation 20:11-20).

      Are you in any high position? What are doing with the position? Do not
      think that you can get away with any secret thing done in that position.
      People may not see you, or pretend not to see you, but, remember that the
      Ultimate King � God � sees you and He will judge you accordingly.

      Prayer Point: God, let me be conscious of your presence and judgment both
      now and hereafter.

      NB

      COMPILATION OF MY ONLINE WEEKLY MESSAGES

      As part of celebrating ten years of ministering through the Internet, the
      first compilation of 200 messages out of my online weekly messages for the
      past ten year has been published.

      The 432-page book is titled �Salient Truths About Christian Life: A
      Collection of Pastor Bayo Afolaranmi's Online Weekly Devotional Messages�
      compiled by Rev. Dr. Emmanuel O. Malomo published as paperback (
      http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/salient-truths-about-christian-life-a-collection-of-pastor-bayo-afolaranmis-online-weekly-devotional-messages/13515246)
      and eBook (
      http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/salient-truths-about-christian-life-a-collection-of-pastor-bayo-afolaranmis-online-weekly-devotional-messages/13515200).

      Order your copies now.