    Jul 7, 2012
      *Dearly Beloved,*

      *"...God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God,
      to those who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28 NASB).*

      *Last week, I sent out a message on the above subject and emphasized it
      that God will answer our prayers ACCORDING TO HIS WILL in His own way and
      His own time. Expectedly, some people disagreed with that position. To
      them, God will answer whatsoever we ask from Him. Well, let me adapt a
      message I sent out some years ago titled, "When God Says NO."*

      *I pointed it out last week that examples of what I propound abound in the
      Bible, and I gave a classic one in the case of David when he wanted to
      build a temple for God (see 2 Samuel 7). King David was a unique man - a
      man after God's heart (see Acts 13:22). He was such a king that would not
      do anything without first enquired from God. God in turn made him
      successful in his entire endeavour, but only in one that God said NO. One
      may wonder why God said no to such a good heart desire of David. *

      *How would you react to such an answer from God? Would you be like that
      pastor that told his congregation that, "When God says NO, say YES"? How
      did David react? He reacted by praising God in counting his blessings (see
      2 Samuel 7**:**18-29). The "NO" answer made him to praise God! It made him
      to draw closer to God. It made him to claim God's promises (verses 28-29).*

      *David accepted the will of God to his desire, and God fulfilled His plan
      for him. Solomon - his son - eventually built the temple to David's credit
      (see 2 Kings 8). Hezekiah was a different man. God told him that he would
      die (2 Kings 20:1). Instead of him to accept the will of God for him, he
      prayed against it. God, in His permissive will, added fifteen years to his
      life. Unfortunately, those added years were the dismay of his life (see 2
      Kings 20:12ff).*

      *Jesus Christ accepted the will of God when He prayed that God should take
      the cup of the cross from Him (Luke 22:44). He even cried on the cross to
      demonstrate the agony of the "negative" answer He received from God(Mark
      15: 34). However, the NO answer of God to Jesus, and His (that is, Jesus')
      acceptance of it gave Him a name above every other name(Philippians
      2:10-11). This singular action of Jesus Christ has also given every
      Christian the hope that is beyond any other hope that if we die today, we
      are going to reign with Him.*

      *Paul prayed thrice that God should take away a "thorn in his flesh" but
      God told him that His grace is sufficient for him (see 2 Corinthians
      12:7-10). Instead of refusing the absolute will of God in this unpleasant
      situation, Paul rather boasted in his weakness and allowed God to be
      glorified in it.*

      *God will certainly not answer all our prayers the way we want Him to do
      so. However, it is certain that God will answer our prayers according to
      His will. Are you ready to accept God's perfect answer to your prayers in
      His own way and His own time? Remember, "...God causes ALL things to work
      together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according
      to His purpose" (Romans 8:28 NASB).*

      *In His service,*

      *Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).*

      *You can get the full message comprising the two parts and the previous
      message on request at <spiritualdigest@...>. God bless you!*