1631EVERYONE IS IMPORTANT

    Jun 4, 2011

      EVERYONE IS IMPORTANT

      �Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not
      all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and
      each member belongs to all the others� (Romans 12:4-5 NIV).

      �The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its
      parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ� (1 Corinthians
      12:12 NIV).

      The tendency to think that certain parts of our body are not as important as
      the other is normal. However, God created every organ of the body equally.
      The fact that a role is not outstanding does not make it less important. The
      fact that I cannot play your role does not make me envious or look down on
      your performance. Each of us plays unique roles in God�s vineyard (Romans
      12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12:12-30; Ephesians 4:7, 11-13).

      Although God endows us with different spiritual gifts yet a Christian cannot
      have all the gifts, and no Christian has no gift. He gives each one of us an
      assignment according to the measure of His gift (Ephesians 4:7). So, each
      unit that constitutes the indivisible is indispensable.

      Therefore, we are co-labourers with God in His vineyard (1 Corinthians 3:9).
      We are to do our own part faithfully even when we are criticized,
      discouraged, or unnoticed. We are accountable to God who will reward us
      according to what He had bestowed on us.

      How do you look at yourself? Are you thinking that you are inferior to
      others? You are important! Your role is significant! The world may not
      recognize you, but God does. Beloved, be faithful to the task. ��Let nothing
      move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you
      know that your labour in the Lord is not in vain� (1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV).

      Everyone is important, that includes you!

      This message was first sent out on December 7, 2003.

      http://bibleverseofthedaybypastorbayo.blogspot.com/ for daily edifying Bible
      verses.