1502BE THANKFUL ALWAYS

    Jul 1 9:20 AM

      BE THANKFUL ALWAYS

      "Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be
      thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in
      Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]" (1 Thessalonians
      5:18, AMP).

      The story was told of three men that went to thank their Creator. The first
      one had just a piece of cloth to cover his body. He would have to be naked
      for the period he washed and dried the piece of cloth when it was dirty. The
      second had just underpants. The third one did not have anything. The first
      one that first expressed his heart of gratitude thanked God for the piece of
      cloth that he had and also thanked God that he was better than the other two
      men. The second one also thanked God for his situation though he had only
      underpants. He was grateful to God because he was not like the third man
      that did not have anything. One would wonder what the third man that did not
      have anything would thank God for, but he also expressed his heart of
      gratitude to God because, to him, he was better than the dead. He believed
      that there was still hope for him that it shall be well with him soon.

      This is an old story that teaches us that we should be thankful in any
      situation we find ourselves. When there is life, there is still hope. No
      matter the situation, if we ponder very well, we will have causes to thank
      God. That hymn writer (Johnson Oatman, Jr.) said:
      When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
      When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
      Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
      And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
      Lord, I thank you for who I am and all what you have done, is doing, and
      will still do for me. Thank you Jesus!

      As we begin the second half of this year, let me express my heart of
      gratitude firstly to our God Almighty who enables me to continue this online
      ministry in spite of all odds, then secondly to you for what you have
      allowed God to do through you in my life and this unique online ministry.
      Your occasional reactions and even criticisms help me a lot. Let me share
      this with you as we enter the second half of the year: the Lord will cause
      all things to work together for your good. He shall perfect your concerns
      and show Himself strong on your behalf. He will never fail you nor forsake
      you. You will surely see the goodness of the Lord in Jesus' name. Amen!