1439Living Life God's Way 6/1/2006; Trust God's Goodness

    Jun 2, 2006

      It is one thing to love the ways of the Lord when all is well and
      quite another thing to cling to them during
      discouragement or difficulty.
      Charles Spurgeon

      You are good, and do good; Teach me Your statutes.
      Psalm 119:68
      One of the most outrageous and most believed lies of the enemy is
      that God could not possible be good, trustworthy, and loving and yet
      allow terrible and unjust things to happen. Fact is, God is totally
      good, loving and faithful. We were created to be loved by Him and to
      love Him in return. We have been given the freedom to accept or reject
      His love. Sure it is easier to blame God for everything, absolving us
      from any responsibility to receive His love, committing to a
      relationship with Him. Relationships require time and work. As our
      relationship with God deepens, so does our understanding of His perfect
      love. There are certainly consequences to the choices we make, but we
      can't expect to walk our path in our own way, and then blame God for not
      being there with us. Trusting in God's goodness isn't something that
      happens over night, but rather develops the more we come to know His
      character and His way.
      God today Devotions; 4/6/2005