1422Living Life God's Way 5/3/2006; Walking With God

    May 2 7:56 PM

      Not until we have become humble and teachable, standing in awe of God's
      holiness and sovereignty....acknowledging our own littleness,
      distrusting
      our own thoughts, and willing to have our minds turned upside
      down, can divine wisdom become ours.
      J. I. Packer

      Walking With God
      Genesis 6:1-13
      Scripture records that Noah was a man who walked with God. Noah's
      relationship with God permeated his whole life, as was evidenced by his
      deliberate, faith-filled acts of obedience.
      Walking in the light with God requires:

      * Reconciliation to God. Scripture describes mankind as spiritually
      dead from birth and, therefore, unable to have a personal
      relationship with God. Upon salvation, we become spiritually alive
      and are reconciled to Him.
      * Trust. One of the cornerstones of any relationship is trust;
      without it, there can be no intimacy. Faith grows as we get to know
      our Lord. The Bible is our main resource - from it, we learn about
      God's character, His priorities, and how He feels about us.
      * Being in Agreement. There are several things about which we are to
      agree with God. These include: sin is destructive and does not fit
      who we are; Jesus, the Son of God, has charge of our life; God's
      character is perfect and His Word is true; God's priorities are to
      be ours, and His orders are to be obeyed; and without unity, we
      will find ourselves moving away from Him.
      * Fellowship with God. God wants to listen to us, and He has much to
      tell us too. Time is a primary ingredient of communion with our
      Savior. Giving him our undivided attention is another important
      aspect of fellowship.

      Reconciliation, trust, agreement, and fellowship are four of the keys
      to remaining close to the Lord. We cannot move forward without
      reconciliation, and the other three stabilize our spiritual life. So,
      how steady is your walk?
      In Touch Daily devotional by Dr. Charles Stanley; 4/20/2005