1387Living Life God's Way 3/1/2006; Humbly Serve Him

    Mar 1, 2006

      The degree of blessing enjoyed by any man will correspond
      exactly with the completeness of God's victory over him.
      A. W. Tozer

      Then Mary said, "Behold the maidservant of the Lord!
      Let it be to me according to your word."
      Luke 1:38
      We seek to be satisfied in our lives. We pray for things to go our
      way, failing to realize, that quite possibly we do not know or
      understand the best way. We take scriptures and adapt them to our lives,
      with our thinking, instead of allowing the word of God to come alive and
      speak to our hearts and minds. We are servants. A servant, by
      definition, is one who expresses submission and recognizes a debt owed.
      Serving God is submitting to His will above our own, desiring what He
      desires of us and recognizing the debt we owe for all that He has done
      and provided for us. God does not owe us, we owe Him our all. If our
      world crumbles around us tomorrow, He needs to be enough. Our love and
      gratitude to Him will reflect in our service and surrender to Him. We
      indeed serve a good God who desires good things for His children. His
      love and care for us is greater than we deserve and more than we could
      ask for. There is no greater respect and gratitude we can show to God,
      than to humbly place ourselves at His disposal, yielding to His will,
      without reservation.

      Prayer - We have no reason to be discouraged or afraid when we are in
      your perfect will. We trust in your love and provision. We submit
      ourselves to your authority and your will. Help us to have Mary's
      attitude and to realize that we are your servants and wherever you take
      us, we will be content. You are our peace and our hope. You are good all
      the time. You are enough, Lord, and we praise you!! Amen.
      God Today Devotions; 2/6/2006