1093Living Life God's Way 12/2/2004; Before You Call

    Dec 1, 2004

      God loves to look at us, and loves it when we will look back at Him.
      Even when we try to run away from our troubles, God will find us,
      bless us, even when we feel most alone and unsure. God will
      find a way to let us know that He is with us in this place,
      wherever we are.
      Kathleen Norris

      Before You Call
      It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer;
      and while they are still speaking, I will hear.
      Isaiah 65:24
      Dr. Helen Roseveare, a missionary to Africa, told about a other who
      died at the mission station after giving birth to a premature baby. An
      incubator was set up to keep the infant alive, but the only available
      hot water bottle was beyond repair. During devotions that morning the
      children were asked to pray for the baby and for her young sister, who
      were now orphans. One of the girls responded, "Dear God, please send a
      hot water bottle today. Tomorrow will be too late because by then the
      baby will be dead. And dear Lord, send a doll for the sister so she
      won't feel so lonely."
      That afternoon a large parcel arrived from England. Eagerly the
      children watched as it was opened. Much to their delight, under some
      clothing was a hot water bottle! Immediately the girl who had prayed so
      earnestly started to delve deeper, exclaiming, "If God sent that, I'm
      sure He also sent a doll." And she was right! Five months earlier, God
      had led a group of women in England to include both these items in
      response to a prayer that had not yet been uttered.
      That's the promise that God gives us through Isaiah. As the One who
      knows what lies ahead, the Lord works even in the past to bring about
      blessings for His children's future.
      As you consider your situation today, it may seem that the Lord is
      asking you to do the illogical. You may think, why should God prompt me
      to do this? I see no need. But remember, what you do today could be the
      answer to someone's prayers tomorrow. Trust God, and let the One who
      holds both the past and future be your Guide for the present.

      With God, the past and future are simply part of the eternal present.

      Lessons On Living Devotional by Woodrow Kroll; 6/30/2004