Stray Cat?

  • dawny500
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10 2:36 PM
      I live at the end of Glen and, for about the past two months or so, we've noticed a long-haired cat wandering around. It was only once in a while at first, but lately we've seen him more often. When I came home today he was in the side yard and didn't seem as frightened as he had before. I was just wondering if someone knows whose cat it is. He looked like he might be having an issue with his eye and I know there's another cat around that can be aggressive. I'd hate for something to happen to him. If you know of someone in the neighborhood that lost a cat that fits the description or if he's an indoor/outdoor cat of someone's, please let me know. If not, I'm going to see if a local rescue can help out.

      Thanks!
      Dawn
    • Lisa Hays
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10 3:49 PM
        What does it look like?  Does it have a collar and can you tell if it is male or female?

        Lisa Hays
        Mom of NINE!!! eight beautiful princesses and one little prince: Emily Rose 14, Mishaela Jane 12, Abigail Susan 10, Elizabeth Nancy 8 , Katherine Doris 6, Cassiel Virginia 4Eric Bromley 2, Crystal Juletta our 8 yr. old Liberian Princess, Braelyn Ann born in a blizzard on Feb 10th and one terribly handsome supportive and loving king Eric of 16.5 years!!!

        i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
        Join me

        To: woodridgefalls@yahoogroups.com
        From: dawny500@...
        Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:36:50 +0000
        Subject: [woodridgefalls] Stray Cat?

        I live at the end of Glen and, for about the past two months or so, we've noticed a long-haired cat wandering around. It was only once in a while at first, but lately we've seen him more often. When I came home today he was in the side yard and didn't seem as frightened as he had before. I was just wondering if someone knows whose cat it is. He looked like he might be having an issue with his eye and I know there's another cat around that can be aggressive. I'd hate for something to happen to him. If you know of someone in the neighborhood that lost a cat that fits the description or if he's an indoor/outdoor cat of someone's, please let me know. If not, I'm going to see if a local rescue can help out.

        Thanks!
        Dawn

      • yammer77
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10 4:33 PM
          If it doesn't have a tag, you will have to file a police report.
          With the construction going to commence in the near future animals, etc. will be coming out of the fields.
          We had 6 kittens we found in our sandbox last summer and the local SPCA told us that in order for them to take the animals, a police report/ incident # needs to be given otherwise they won't take stray animals.
          We had to deliver the kittens ourselves.
          There are strays in the neighborhood.
          They are short on traps (non harmful) ones to hand out.

          Anthony
          (up on wayne st)

          --- In woodridgefalls@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Hays <emal02@...> wrote:

          > What does it look like? Does it have a collar and can you tell if it is male or female?
          >

          > Lisa Hays
          > Mom of NINE!!! eight beautiful princesses and one little prince: Emily Rose 14, Mishaela Jane 12, Abigail Susan 10, Elizabeth Nancy 8 , Katherine Doris 6, Cassiel Virginia 4, Eric Bromley 2, Crystal Juletta our 8 yr. old Liberian Princess, Braelyn Ann born in a blizzard on Feb 10th and one terribly handsome supportive and loving king Eric of 16.5 years!!!
          >

          > EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
          > Join me
          >

          > To: woodridgefalls@yahoogroups.com
          > From: dawny500@...
          > Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:36:50 +0000
          > Subject: [woodridgefalls] Stray Cat?
          >

          > I live at the end of Glen and, for about the past two months or so, we've noticed a long-haired cat wandering around. It was only once in a while at first, but lately we've seen him more often. When I came home today he was in the side yard and didn't seem as frightened as he had before. I was just wondering if someone knows whose cat it is. He looked like he might be having an issue with his eye and I know there's another cat around that can be aggressive. I'd hate for something to happen to him. If you know of someone in the neighborhood that lost a cat that fits the description or if he's an indoor/outdoor cat of someone's, please let me know. If not, I'm going to see if a local rescue can help out.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Dawn

        • dawny500
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 11 3:49 PM
            I don't think it had a collar on. But it has long, dark fur, so it could have been hidden. I couldn't tell if it was a male or female. It looked fairly skinny though.

            Thanks for the info on the SPCA - I think I've heard before that they don't take strays unless they're notified by the police. I volunteer with a local cat rescue and was thinking that the woman who runs it would be able to help me out. I know they have a couple of traps, but foster space is limited these days. I just didn't want to try and trap someone else's kitty!

            --- In woodridgefalls@yahoogroups.com, "yammer77" <cadman34@...> wrote:

            > If it doesn't have a tag, you will have to file a police report.
            > With the construction going to commence in the near future animals, etc. will be coming out of the fields.
            > We had 6 kittens we found in our sandbox last summer and the local SPCA told us that in order for them to take the animals, a police report/ incident # needs to be given otherwise they won't take stray animals.
            > We had to deliver the kittens ourselves.
            > There are strays in the neighborhood.
            > They are short on traps (non harmful) ones to hand out.
            >
            > Anthony
            > (up on wayne st)
            >
            > --- In woodridgefalls@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Hays <emal02@> wrote:
            > >

            > > What does it look like? Does it have a collar and can you tell if it is male or female?
            > >

            > > Lisa Hays
            > > Mom of NINE!!! eight beautiful princesses and one little prince: Emily Rose 14, Mishaela Jane 12, Abigail Susan 10, Elizabeth Nancy 8 , Katherine Doris 6, Cassiel Virginia 4, Eric Bromley 2, Crystal Juletta our 8 yr. old Liberian Princess, Braelyn Ann born in a blizzard on Feb 10th and one terribly handsome supportive and loving king Eric of 16.5 years!!!
            > >

            > > EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
            > > Join me
            > >

            > > To: woodridgefalls@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: dawny500@
            > > Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 22:36:50 +0000
            > > Subject: [woodridgefalls] Stray Cat?
            > >

            > > I live at the end of Glen and, for about the past two months or so, we've noticed a long-haired cat wandering around. It was only once in a while at first, but lately we've seen him more often. When I came home today he was in the side yard and didn't seem as frightened as he had before. I was just wondering if someone knows whose cat it is. He looked like he might be having an issue with his eye and I know there's another cat around that can be aggressive. I'd hate for something to happen to him. If you know of someone in the neighborhood that lost a cat that fits the description or if he's an indoor/outdoor cat of someone's, please let me know. If not, I'm going to see if a local rescue can help out.
            > >
            > > Thanks!
            > > Dawn

          • Monica
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 11 8:08 PM
              Hi,
              There are several feral black cats and a black & white one that someone left when they moved that live under the porch near the corner of Wayne & Allen. Several of us neighbors contacted animal control to trap them and spay them so there won't be any more kittens (I hope we got them all). However, they won't keep them if they're feral, so they were brought back and released.

              There are several pet cats that roam around too.

              They got rid of some of the skunks and groundhogs in the process. I noticed there's a skunk wandering around again- must've woke up from it's winter nap.
              Monica