W5COE newly elected officers

  • Faith Gibson Hubbard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2012
      Good Morning! On yesterday the Ward 5 Council on Education (W5COE) held its
      June monthly meeting which was attended by our Ward 5 Councilmember, Kenyan
      McDuffie. During his remarks to the W5COE, the Councilmember not only
      discussed upcoming events and happenings but he also expressed his plans to
      work with the W5COE to tackle the many education issues plaguing our Ward.

      In addition to the visit from our Councilmember, the W5COE held elections
      for the new executive board officers for 2012-2014. The new executive board
      members for W5COE are:

      *President * Faith Gibson Hubbard

      *1st Vice President* Nakisha Winston

      *2nd Vice President * MaryMelchoir

      *3rd Vice President* RobertVinson Brannum

      *Recording Secretary* DrewHubbard

      *Corresponding Secretary* Vacant

      *Public Relations Officer* Shelagh Bocoum

      *Treasurer* DonnaBlair

      *Financial Secretary* Herman �Rip� Preston

      *Parliamentarian* John H. Washington

      The Council is extremely grateful for the hard work and foundation that was
      laid by the outgoing executive board officers and we look forward to their
      continued participation, encouragement, and support.

      The next meeting for the W5COE will be held in September 2012 but we have
      other exciting happenings over the summer so please look out for
      announcements.

      Have a wonderful summer!

      --
      Faith Gibson Hubbard