NE DC Historical Society Meets This Sunday, February 11, 2007

  • queenstowndc
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2007
      NE DC Historical Society Meets This Sunday, February 11, 2007

      Come join us this Sunday, February 11, 2007 as we continue to explore
      the history of our Northeast Washington communities--past, present,
      and in years to come. Our community focus will be the Lamond-Riggs
      neighborhood.

      Place: Lamond-Riggs Library
      5401 South Dakota Avenue, N.E.
      at Kennedy Street, N.E.
      Washington, D.C. 20011
      Date: Sunday, February 11, 2007
      Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
      Admission: Free and Open to All

      Presentations will include:

      "The Lamond-Riggs Library: A Strong Thread In The Fabric Of The
      Community" by Lillian Huff, president of the Friends of the Lamond-
      Riggs Library, and Everett Scott, former president of the Lamond-
      Riggs Citizens Association & the DC Federation of Civic Associations

      And, more.

      For those unable to attend this meeting, don't miss our next month's
      meeting to be held from 2:00-4:00 pm on Sunday, March 11, 2007. Our
      host will be the Historic Berean Baptist Church of Brentwood at 1400
      Montana Ave NE,Washington, DC 20018 sharing church and community
      history.

      Our meetings take place the second Sunday of every month. For further
      information contact: queenstowndc@...

      Posted by Andrew G. on Chillum Road to the Ward 5, Woodridge5B, and
      Brookland Yahoo Groups.