wood burning idiot

  • knutewolter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2002
      At long last, I completed my kitchen expansion and wood burning stove
      installation at the end of May.Early in June, we had a relatively
      cool night here in northern Ohio (49 degrees),so I could not resist
      the urge to fire that baby up to see it in action, and to evaluate
      the heat distribution system I designed.The unit performed great.It
      took about an hour for the house temperature to rise from 60 to 68
      degrees.Sadly ,the rest of my family do not share my passion for
      burning wood as I ( the temperature rose to about 80 by mid morning).
      Has anyone else burned wood and used the air coditioner the same
      day? I hope not.I would like to thank the wood heat members for the
      good advice I received while I was planning my system( ref #674,681
      682).J.Gullands' 10 principles for a sccessful system was
      particularly helpfull.And yes John ,I went with the indoor air and
      rejected the external air for the combustion air source.
      Now, come on cold weather! maybe my family will come on board when
      there's snow on the ground. Knutewolter
    • Thumper Lunatic
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2002
        Hurray for you!! we are busy moving out onto 60acres (with oak trees) and will be moveing our wood stove in the next day or so. (I am tired)
        Thumper........

        knutewolter <knutewolter@...> wrote: At long last, I completed my kitchen expansion and wood burning stove

        Check THE woodheat web site at www.woodheat.org