Pet Belly Stove

  • frenchmarinebavaria
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      Hallo,
      I am Pit from Germany. On a "flohmarkt" i found a Pot Belly Stove.
      The name on it is "impex".
      Can someone say something about this stove. I found nothing in the
      internet.

      Thank you
      Pit
    • John Gulland
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2002
        Pit,
        I could say several things about pot belly stoves, in a
        North American context:

        1. They were mainly designed for the burning of coal.
        2. They do a lousy job of burning wood.
        3. They were low-end stoves when new, so now they are little
        more than curiosities.
        4. I might use a particularly nice one as a plant stand.

        John

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/